Monday, September 20, 2010

COYOTE ATTACK: Near Casiano / Bellagio Intersection - Approx. 10pm



(This resident lives near the Near Casiano / Bellagio Intersection)


E-mail from resident to coyotereport@hotmail.com is below.

PLEASE REPORT ALL COYOTE / OTHER AGGRESSIVE WILD ANIMAL SIGHTINGS TO THE E-MAIL ADDRESS ABOVE! WE NEED TO LOG INFORMATION FROM EVERYONE!

E-Mail:

Last week as I walked my little dog, Carmen, at about 10:00pm, a coyote suddenly appeared within 15 feet of her. I yelled at it and walked aggressively towards it, thinking I would scare it off. But it only retreated a few feet and then circled back again. After a couple more attempts to scare it off, I realized it was so intent on Carmen that I scooped her up in my arms and carried her back home. It was very disturbing to see how aggressive and fearless this coyote was. So I bought some pepper spray at a gun store in Culver City and keep it with me on our evening walks. Last night I heard a commotion outside just as I was about to walk Carmen. When I opened the front door the coyote was standing in the street just a few feet from the curb. He bolted when he saw me. One of my neighbors hurried up to me to tell me the coyote had just grabbed his wire haired terrier in my driveway and was running off with it. He managed to scare the coyote off, but it was still lurking around. As he walked back home with his dog the coyote stalked him, and again he drove him off. There have been several signs posted in the last few weeks about lost cats and a lost dog, Bailey. Now I'm sure they were dinner for this very aggressive, single coyote. I would like to know what animal regulation agency I can call the next time I see a coyote. I'm an animal lover, but this coyote looks young and is way too aggressive to be stalking our neighborhood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is horrible. Even with our coyote task force, when will we be able to do something? We log our coyote sightings, but what is the solution?

Anonymous said...

I agree this is horrible. But solution? Better fences and watching over your pet when not in a fenced in area. Like it or not, we live in an area that has had coyotes and bobcats for thousands of years. And the experts do not believe that trapping or attempts at eradication will be productive (and could even temporarily increase the number of coyotes in the next birthing season). Vigilance, fences with coyote rollers and keeping your pets on a tight leash is our first and best line of defense.

Anonymous said...

I do not agree with everything you say but I have to admit that you have a great blog.


dzhenerik sialisa tadalafil kupit'