Friday, September 9, 2011

COYOTE IN FRONT LAWN: Didn't Flinch to Honk of Horn - 2000 Block of Stradella - Wed Evening

Please see below a note from a Bel-Air neighbor:


Last night (9/7) I drove up to my house in the 2000 block of Stradella and there was a coyote in front of my driveway. I was scared she would go into my yard. I honked my horn and she just looked at me and calmly walked to my front walkway. I followed her in my car, honking wildly. She didn’t flinch. I flashed my lights and continued to make noise. Nothing.

My daughter, hearing the horn, opened the front door to see what was up and apparently scared her. She (the coyote not my daughter) then ran down the street.

I realized that my sprinklers had just run, and maybe she was getting water after the scorching day. Still scary!


_________________



In addition to notifying our Bel-Air resources at coyotereport@hotmail.com, please report ALL coyote or aggressive wildlife sightings to the below authorities. It is imperative they receive this information as it clearly depicts the serious issue facing Bel-Air and its neighboring communities.


You MUST immediately contact the West Los Angeles Animal Services at 310-207-3156 and file a Wildlife Sighting Report. If they say that they do not accept reports over the phone, say that you were told by Officer Randall (the Wildlife Officer in charge of our area) that they are supposed to accept phone reports. You would file this report whether it was a mountain lion or a coyote.

Also, please file a report with the Dept of Fish and Game at 562-596-3885.

We need to keep notifying the appropriate wildlife authorities about this serious problem that threatens human safety.


Please continue to contribute to the monitoring program by emailing all sightings tocoyotereport@hotmail.com.Information is power when it comes to how we will address the coyote problem in Bel-Air & West L.A.


PLEASE VIEW THIS LINK TO A PAST BLOG POSTING TO LEARN TIPS ON HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND DETER COYOTES.


http://belaironline.blogspot.com/2010/07/coyote-sighting-in-bel-air-today.html


http://belaironline.blogspot.com/2010/06/coyote-update.html

2 comments:

local seo expert said...

Hi there and thanks for this interesting and important post.


Event Lighting Services Los Angeles

Event Lights said...

That is crazy to hear that on Wednesday evening there was a coyote in your front lawn, SCARY!