Monday, September 26, 2011
10:40 AM No comments
ATTENTION RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS OWNERS IN THE VICINITY OF THE I-405 AND
THE SUNSET BRIDGE
As part of the reconstruction of the southern side of the Sunset Bl bridge and in preparation for
the demolition and reconstruction of the northern side of the bridge, two 14-day closures will be
implemented to reconstruct all approaches to the bridge. These closures are necessary to raise
the street intersections and utilities to meet the new height of the reconstructed Sunset Bl
What: Sunset Bl bridge reconstruction closures
Phase I: September 30 - October 14, 14 day and night closure of EB Sunset Bl to SB
Phase II: October 15 - October 29, 14 day and night closure of north Church Ln
between Sunset Bl and the SB 405 ramps and WB Sepulveda Way between
Sepulveda Bl and Sunset Bl. Week day closure of the SB Sunset Bl off-ramp from
6am to 10am
Where: Sunset Bl bridge at the I-405 freeway
What to expect:
Phase I: September 30 – October 14
• EB Sunset Bl to SB 405 traffic will be detoured to NB Church Ln to the SB 405.
• NB ramps and the WB Sunset Bl to SB 405 will remain operational.
• Sunset Bl traffic will be maintained with two lanes in each direction.
Phase II: October 14-16
• Sunset Bl will be closed between Thurston Av and Gunston Dr on the night of Friday,
October 14 and Saturday, October 15 for traffic reconfiguration and k-rail placement.
• The EB Sunset to SB 405 on-ramp and the NB ramps will be closed as early as 7pm;
closures will be coordinated with Caltrans. Ramps will remain open during daytime
• Sunset Bl traffic will be maintained with one lane in each direction the weekend of
October 15 only.
• EB Sunset Bl to SB 405 on-ramp will remain operational.
• WB Sunset Bl to SB 405 on-ramp will be allowed a left turn onto the SB 405.
• EB Sunset Bl traffic to NB Church Ln will continue EB on Sunset Bl, to SB Veteran Av, to
WB Montana Av, to NB Sepulveda Bl, back to Church Ln.
• WB Sunset Bl traffic to NB Church Ln will be detoured at Sepulveda Way to NB Sepulveda
Bl, back to Church Ln.
• SB Church Ln traffic to Sunset Bl will be detoured to continue SB on Sepulveda Bl to:
- EB Montana Av, to NB Veteran Av, back to Sunset Bl.
- WB Montana Av, to NB Church Ln, back to Sunset Bl.
• Two lanes will be maintained in each direction on Sunset Bl.
• Access will be provided for emergency responders.
• This activity will be followed by demolition of the northern half of the Sunset Bridge with
reconstruction lasting approximately 12 months.
This information is subject to change. For the latest closure information please visit
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE