For Immediate Release
Contact: Gina Garcia
Residential Greening Program Director
310.458.8716 x 4
Sustainable Works- Expanding Environmental Education & Action Programs to the Greater Los Angeles Area
Los Angeles—September 22, 2011 - Sustainable Works has successfully offered Green Living Workshops FREE to Santa Monica residents since 1998. Now the Residential Workshops are being offered FREE to Los Angeles residents in City Council Districts 5 & 11 through funding provided by LADWP in collaboration with a grant from the US Department of Energy.
· The Residential Program’s Green Living Workshop will broaden participant’s scope of environmental problems by educating them on the global, national and local impacts of their daily choices.
· Workshop participants will learn about solutions, strategies, and tips to some of today’s biggest environmental challenges and save money in the process.
· Participants will also receive a Sustainable WorksBook, which is a great resource for their continued journey towards sustainability.
· Resource saving tools will be given out during the workshops and participants will have many chances to win additional resource saving tools such as Rain Barrels, compost bins and even a g-Meter (tm), which is an energy saving device that monitors the energy use in a home or business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from a consumer's personal computer or mobile device that has internet access.
1) Westside Pavilion Community Room B at 10800 West Pico Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90064on Thursday evenings from 7:00pm-8:30pm, beginning October 13th.
2) Fairfax High School 7850 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90046-721, on Tuesday evenings from 7:00-8:30pm, beginning Tuesday, October 18th.
Nine workshops will be offered throughout these Districts over this fiscal year, from August of 2011 through May of 2012.
For a full listing of fall workshops and to sign up, visit www.sustainbleworks.eventbrite.com.