Starting on Tuesday, August 28, 2012 and for four consecutive nights, full closures of
Sunset Bl Bridge will be implemented to conduct overhead and underground conduit work,
in preparation for the reopening of the northern side of the Sunset Bridge at the end of
What: Sunset Bridge full closures for electrical work
When: Nightly full closures of Sunset Bl are anticipated to start on Tuesday, August
28, 2012 through Thursday, September, 30, 2012 from 10pm to 6am.
Where: Sunset Bridge between Barrington Av and Veteran Av
What to expect:
- Local access to residents and businesses will be maintained at closure points; there
will be no thru access on the Sunset Bridge.
- WB Sunset Bl traffic will be detoured to SB Veteran Av, to WB Wilshire Bl, to NB
Barrington Av, back to Sunset Bl.
- EB Sunset Bl traffic will be detoured to SB Barrington Av, to EB Wilshire Bl, to NB
Veteran Av, back to Sunset Bl.
- Church Ln will be closed from Sepulveda Bl to Kiel St from 10pm–6am; traffic will be
detoured to Sepulveda Bl.
- Sunset Bl on-and-off ramps will be closed. Closures may start as early as 7pm and
will be coordinated with Caltrans.
- The SB 405 Sunset off-ramp will remain partially open; freeway traffic will be
detoured north to Sepulveda Bl.
- Pedestrians will be rerouted to an area outside the construction zone.
- Emergency access will be maintained.