MULHOLLAND BRIDGE AND THE SKIRBALL BRIDGE
As part of the reconstruction of the southern half of the Mulholland Bridge, the contractor will need to
implement closures that will entail a slightly longer duration for approximately two more nights. The
limits of the closure will be from the west side of the Mulholland Bridge to Casiano Road, east of the
bridge. In addition, Skirball Center Dr. will be closed from the northbound Skirball Ramps to Mulholland
Drive. The longer duration of the bridge closure is necessary in order to conduct the pouring of concrete
for the bridge. The work involving the pouring of concrete is anticipated to resume Friday, June 1, 2012.
The following is the anticipated schedule:
What: Concrete Pour of the Mulholland Bridge.
When: Work is anticipated to resume on the night of Friday, June 1, 2012.
Where: The closure will be from the west side of the Mulholland Bridge to Casiano Road. Skirball
Center Dr. will be closed from the northbound Skirball Ramps to Mulholland Drive.
- Friday, June 1, 2012 10 pm to 10 am
- Friday, June 8, 2012 10 pm to 10 am
What to expect:
- The Mulholland Bridge will continue to undergo frequent night time closures due to utility
relocation work on a nightly basis. The limits of these closures will continue to be from the west
side of the Mulholland Bridge to Casiano Road.
- Emergency vehicle access will be maintained.
- Pedestrians will be rerouted to a safe area outside of the construction zone.
- Please note that the work is weather permitting and subject to change
- For a listing of daily closures and latest updates visit our website at www.metro.net/405 or follow
us on twitter: twitter.com/I_405 and Facebook at facebook.com/405project