Wednesday, May 22, 2013
4:55 PM 3 comments
For your convenience and to minimize the number of emails, notices on two upcoming activities in the Wilshire Segment are included in this communication.
1. New northbound I-405 general purpose lane
· A new 1.7 mile general purpose lane is scheduled to open to motorists on the northbound I-405 from the I-10 to the Santa Monica Bl off-ramp, Friday, May 24 at 5am.
This new lane is expected to provide congestion relief benefits for motorists traveling the northbound I-405 and I-10 interchange. The contractor has completed major structure, widening and median work for the lane. The recent nighttime full closures of the northbound I-405 have allowed this work to be completed. The new #1 lane, closest to the freeway median, will later be converted to the future High Occupancy Vehicle Lane (HOV).
2. Full Olympic Bl nighttime closures
· Full nighttime closures of Olympic Bl from Sawtelle Bl to Sepulveda Bl are scheduled for Thursday, May 23, 2013 through Wednesday, May 29, 2013 from 10pm to 5am. This closure is necessary to strip and finish the Olympic Bl Bridge.
· Local access will be maintained.
Schedule and details are subject to change. Please see attached construction notices for details.
(click to enlarge)