Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Orange County: Bridge Demolition, Saturday August 17 - Sunday Aug 18th



Metro wanted to help our brethren at Orange County Transportation Authority notify drivers of this weekend’s I-405 closure and help our email recipients negotiate what will likely be significant traffic.





During the weekend of August 17 to 18, crews will demolish the old southbound I-405/eastbound SR-22 connector bridge, requiring a 20-hour full closure of the I-405 freeway. In preparation of the bridge demolition, the WCC team along with our partners at Caltrans have been busy promoting the upcoming closure.

 WHAT WILL BE CLOSED?  
  • Northbound I-405 freeway will be closed at Valley View Street  
  • Southbound I-405 freeway will be closed from the I-605 freeway to the eastbound SR-22 connector (near Valley View Street)  
  • 7th Street / Eastbound SR-22 will be closed at the southbound I-405  freeway junction (near Studebaker Road)  
WHEN:
Crews will close the I-405 freeway for 20 hours, from 9pm Saturday, August 17, to 5pm Sunday, August 18.

Good luck, I-405 travelers.

0 comments: