Friday, September 27, 2013

Coyote spotted crossing Veteran/Cashmere near UCLA



Please see below a report from a Bel-Air neighbor:



This morning at 9:20AM (9/26) I saw a coyote on the quiet sidewalk off of Veteran/Cashmere. Please see the pictures I took.

Having lost a dog to coyote 3 years ago in my backyard, I am very careful about where I walk him. I was about to park my car when I spotted a large coyote on Cashmere (first photo). I made a U-turn so I can get ahead of it to take picture. He sees me but doesn't bother at all to turn around (second photo). Finally, it stopped, looked left and right carefully (last photo), and crossed busy Veteran Ave. and disappeared into UCLA campus. I am sending you this info to you even though it is not in Bel Air, because I thought the south of Sunset was coyote-free. 



______________________________

In addition to notifying our Bel-Air resources at coyotereport@hotmail.com, please report ALL coyote or aggressive wildlife sightings to West Los Angeles Animal Services @ 310-207-3156 to file a "Wildlife Sighting Report."

[Tell them Officer Randall (the Officer in charge of our area) asked specifically that Bel-Air is to make, and the Shelter is to accept, phone reports.]

You would file this report whether it was a mountain lion or a coyote.

Dept of Fish & Game @ 562-596-3885

0 comments: