Wednesday, February 5, 2014
10:47 AM No comments
Location: Northbound I-405 from Getty Center Dr to Ventura Bl
Notice: An 80-hour northbound I-405 closure will occur Presidents’ Day weekend, February 14 to 18, 2014, consisting of daytime lane reductions and full nighttime directional closures of the northbound freeway lanes between Getty Center Dr and Ventura Bl. The closure will facilitate excavating and re-paving the mainline roadway in one 80-hour closure as opposed to several 55-hour closure operations over a series of weekends.
During the daytime hours, two northbound freeway lanes between Getty Center Dr and Ventura Bl will be open while three lanes will be closed. During nighttime hours, all five northbound lanes will be closed. The schedule is as follows:
· 7pm, Friday, February 14: ramps begin closing
· 10pm, Friday, February 14: lanes begin closing
Northbound I-405 Full Directional Closure:
· 1am to 6am, Saturday, February 15
· 2am to 7am, Sunday, February 16
· 12am to 5am, Monday, February 17
· 12am to 5am, Tuesday, February 18
Northbound I-405 Reduced to Two Lanes:
· 6am, Saturday, February 15 to 2am Sunday, February 16
· 7am to 11:59pm, Sunday, February 16
· 5am to 11:59pm, Monday, February 17
The freeway opens to full capacity at 6am, on Tuesday, February 18.
Motorists are strongly encouraged to eliminate unnecessary automobile trips, stay local, avoid the area and/or divert to other freeways to avoid multi-hour delays.
I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project