Thursday, September 11, 2014

LAND-USE ALERT: LA Times Article & Statement From Councilmember Koretz - 901 Strada Vecchia

PLEASE ALSO SEE THE LA TIMES ARTICLE BELOW!

______________



BEL-AIR ASSOCIATION
LAND USE COMMITTEE ALERT

Statement from Councilmember Paul Koretz

September 9, 2014

I am gratified that permits for the 901 Strada Vecchia project in Bel Air have now been revoked, and my thanks go to the Department of Building and Safety for taking such action.
 
As I wrote to B&S General Manager Ray Chan, on July 14th of this year, “Compelling evidence has been brought to my attention indicating that a massive residential project under construction at 901 Strada Vecchia may have evaded multiple required entitlements and California Environmental Quality Act review as a result of misrepresentations in the project’s permit plans… It is one thing for a developer to build a large home because the Code allows him to do so.  It is another thing when the Code may have been skirted, with an entire community’s way of life in jeopardy.”

I condemn projects that ignore city regulations.  I appreciate and applaud those who follow the rules and complement public safety.


Councilmember Paul Koretz 

____________________

http://www.latimes.com/local/westside/la-me-0911-belair-permits-revoked-20140912-story.html




0 comments: