Thursday, September 24, 2015
10:54 AM No comments
Dear Bel-Air Association Members and Community,
Your Bel-Air Association has negotiated and obtained from the developer of 1200 Bel-Air Road the following conditions on its application for a haul route:
1. No crossing of two hauling vehicles shall be allowed in Bel-Air. (Once one hauling vehicle leaves Bel Air, the next hauling vehicle may enter.) No staging or queueing of hauling vehicles shall occur on streets within Bel-Air.
2. All hauling vehicles must be identified by a unique placard prominently identifying the project address and prominently displayed in the front windshield of such vehicle.
3. The hauling operations are restricted to the hours between 9:00 am. and 3:00 p.m. on Mondays through Fridays only. No hauling is allowed on Saturdays, Sundays or federal or state holidays. Hauling vehicles may not arrive at the site before the designated start time.
4. All clearing, earth moving, or excavation activities shall be discontinued during periods of high winds (i.e., greater than 15 mph), so as to prevent excessive amounts of dust.
5. All dirt/soil loads shall be secured by trimming, other appropriate means (other than watering) to prevent spillage and dust.
6. All dirt/soil materials transported off-site shall be securely covered.
7. General contractors shall maintain and operate construction equipment so as to minimize exhaust emissions.
8. Trucks having no current hauling activity shall not idle but be turned off.
9. All flagmen shall be properly trained.
10. All flagmen shall be prohibited from smoking or consuming alcoholic beverages while on duty.
11. All flagmen shall remove their trash from their stationed location upon being relieved of duty for any period of time.
The developer recorded these in a Covenant and Agreement on September 21, 2015. A copy of the recorded C&A is below. The recorded C&A that we obtained makes the conditions enforceable against future owners, in case the ownership changes before the haul route is completed.
We were able to obtain these agreed conditions in a recorded covenant because we submitted comments within the 20-day time limit specified by the California Environmental Quality Act (“CEQA”), thereby preserving our objections to the project.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about this or any other project in Bel-Air.
Your Land Use Committee