Friday, October 23, 2015
6:34 PM No comments
Dear Bel-Air Association Members and Community,
Further to our blog post on August 19, 2015 regarding this project, your
Bel-Air Association has negotiated with and obtained from the owner of 11005 Bellagio Place the following conditions on its haul-route application:
1. No crossing of two hauling vehicles shall be allowed in Bel Air. (Once one hauling vehicle leaves Bel Air, the next hauling vehicle may enter.) No staging or queueing of hauling vehicles shall occur within Bel Air, including onsite.
2. All hauling vehicles must be identified by a unique placard prominently identifying the project address and prominently displayed in the front windshield of such vehicle.
3. The hauling operations are restricted to the hours between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Mondays through Fridays only. No hauling is allowed on Saturdays, Sundays or federal or state holidays. Hauling vehicles may not arrive at the site before the designated start time.
4. All clearing, earth-moving and excavation activities shall be discontinued during periods of high winds (i.e., greater than 15 mph), so as to prevent excessive amounts of dust.
5. All dirt/soil loads shall be secured by trimming or other appropriate means, other than watering, to prevent spillage and dust.
6. All dirt/soil materials transported offsite shall be securely covered.
7. General contractors shall maintain and operate construction equipment so as to minimize exhaust emissions.
8. Trucks having no current hauling activity shall not idle but be turned off.
9. All flagmen shall be properly trained.
10. All flagmen shall be prohibited from smoking or consuming alcoholic beverages while on duty.
11. All flagmen shall remove their trash from their stationed location upon being relieved of duty for any period of time.
The owner recorded these conditions in a Covenant and Agreement on October 20, 2015. A copy of the recorded C&A is below. The recorded C&A that we obtained makes the conditions enforceable against future owners, in case the ownership changes before the haul route is completed.
We were able to obtain these agreed conditions in a recorded C&A because we submitted comments within the 20-day time limit specified by the California Environmental Quality Act (“CEQA”), thereby preserving our objections to the haul route.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about this or any other project in Bel-Air.
Your Bel-Air Association Land Use Committee